For The Baked Samosa Chapatis
For The Baked Samosa Stuffing
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp Annapoorna Cumin Seeds
- 1 1/2 cups boiled, peeled and mashed potatoes
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Annapoorna Chilli Powder
- 5 tbsp boiled green peas
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
Other Ingredients For Baked Samosa
- 2 tsp oil for brushing
For Serving With Baked Samosa
- Pudina chutney
Method For the baked samosa dough
- Mix all ingredients, add little water and make a firm dough
- Keep the dough aside covered with a clean cotton cloth
For the baked samosa stuffing
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds. Once the seeds start to crackle, add the potatoes and salt to taste.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, salt, chilli powder, green peas, coriander – mix well and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Let it cool.
How to proceed to make baked samosa
- Roll the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Make each portion into a ball and flatten them using a rolling pin.
- Divide each flattened chapati into two halves.
- Make a cone of each half and add the stuffing.
- Seal the edges by touching a little water.
- Repeat the process for the other 19 half chapati pieces.
- Before baking, brush 2 tsp of oil on a greased baking tray and arrange the samosas in a single layer. Bake the samosas in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 15 minutes.
- Turn them over and bake again for 15 minutes.
- Serve the baked samosas immediately with pudina chutney.